FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX - reloading a project into the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Argus Ray
FCPX - reloading a project into the timeline
on Oct 1, 2014 at 7:17:56 pm

Hi Folks:

I'm in a position where I need to learn FCPX on the job. I've been been able to pick up a lot via online tutorials but I've run into a wall.

I've created libraries, events in libraries, and projects. I've been able to bring clips and other media to the timeline to edit the project.

But, the problem: I edit a project in the time line then I close FCPX for the day and turn off the maching. Next morning when I fire up everything I can't figure out how to reload the project back into the timeline to continue editing.

This has to be a simple operation but I'm baffled. Thanks in advance.

Argus

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCPX - reloading a project into the timeline
on Oct 1, 2014 at 9:39:11 pm

Simply double click the project in the event.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Oct 2, 2014 at 5:03:55 pm

But by default, FC re-opens in the state it was left - meaning the project should still be open. So this might be a permissions issue. If so command option open FC and trash preferences.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Argus Ray
on Oct 2, 2014 at 6:09:16 pm

Thanks for the information.

This morning I reopened the Library I have been working on. That changed the list of events and projects that are available where, just as the first person mentioned, I simply double clicked on the desired project and it appeared in the timeline.

Based on the above I believe the problem isn't with the preferences but rather the operator.

Now I'm hitting my head against an audio problem. I'll put that up on the forum in a seperate post.

Thanks again.

Argus-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]