FORUMS: list search recent posts

Selecting a given color and darkening it

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meagan thomas
Selecting a given color and darkening it
on Oct 1, 2014 at 3:57:23 pm

So, here's what I want to do. I have a complex scene, but I want to darken one portion of it. Selecting that portion with a mask won't work because it's just too complex. But if I could base my selection on the color of that portion of the video and then adjust just that selected color inside the mask/selected area, that would work, and would accomplish what I need to do.

I've hours looking at keying tutorials, but I don't see how to use a color selection mask in this way. they're all about green screening, which is not what I'm trying to do here.

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

Meagan

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Selecting a given color and darkening it
on Oct 1, 2014 at 4:36:08 pm

Use the color mask tool. The little eyedropper right next to the shape mask tool. in the color panel of the inspector.

Click and drag the eyedropper on the color until the mask is approximately what you like, then feather. Then enter the color correction and darken to taste.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 1, 2014 at 4:37:44 pm

It would work just like you think it should. Activate the color mask tool. click and drag in the area you want to create the mask. Go to the color board and make adjustments. Those adjustments are defaulted to inside the mask.

You can further constrain the color mask by using it in conjunction with shape masks.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

meagan thomas
on Oct 1, 2014 at 5:13:50 pm

Thanks, guys. I got it figured out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]