FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting multichannel synchronized clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Exporting multichannel synchronized clip
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:43:39 am

I have some clips in the browser that are synchronized clips. I'm handing them off and would like to burn them in so to speak. They consist of the stereo camera audio, which is turned off in inspector, and 4 channels of wav audio from the zoom recorder. I'd like to export each clip as a ProRes 422 clip with 4 channels of audio but I can only seem to export them as two audio tracks. Not sure if it's blending all four into 2 dual mono tracks or grouping 2 sets into stereo, but in any case it's not keeping the 4 tracks discreet. Is there something in the inspector I need to set? Theyr'e set as 4 mono tracks right now.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Exporting multichannel synchronized clip
on Sep 30, 2014 at 8:14:04 am

You need to export them using the relevant "as Roles" settings in the settings pane.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/fcpxtraining

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Exporting multichannel synchronized clip
on Sep 30, 2014 at 6:33:38 pm

You would need to create Roles/Subroles on the relevant audio components, and then export the files with the four channels using the "Multichannel" option in the Share menu.

The problem is, you can't add roles to audio components in the inspector, the clips must be in a timeline of sorts. You can open the synchronized clips in timeline, set Roles, and then Share and multitrack file.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]