FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video/Audio sync after import. HVX200a/FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Schwartz
Video/Audio sync after import. HVX200a/FCP X
on Sep 30, 2014 at 1:31:56 am

Hey guys,

So I'll try to make this short. I had a car show I was filming over the weekend, span of about 4 days, my P2 cards would only hold so much. So I had a friend bring his laptop with FCP X on it. STUPID ME, I for some reason did not change the import settings. I'd say about 90% of my footage is filmed in 1080/24p. So basically the cycle would go like this, I would go film, import the footage, wipe the card, and repeat. I have close to about 1,000 clips, and I'd say about 800 of them are bad. What is happening is that the video/audio are out of sync, I can deal without the audio because the video will have music playing over it and the others I'll make do. However the main problem is that the video is sped up a little bit making it jittery and doesn't look right, and slowing it down doesn't look right either. The footage I shot in 60i looks normal (going through more of them now).

So I transferred all this footage to one of my external hard drives I had over the weekend. I have to double check how the footage looks on his laptop again but I'm almost positive its sped up and jittery. Please if anyone knows if there is a way to somehow code the footage, or re-import properly somehow without the footage on the P2 cards or something, please let me know!! Need help on this one. Going into this hopeful but kind of thinking I'm already SOL. Here is a link to a clip that I'm talking about:

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Video/Audio sync after import. HVX200a/FCP X
on Sep 30, 2014 at 3:09:34 am

This is an FCX question, so I'll move it over there. You'll get more responses...this is the FCP classic forum.

But I'll give you much needed advice, as your workflow is missing a big step.

1) Shoot.

2) BACKUP THE ENTIRE CARD. You do this BEFORE you import. Archiving the full card, original format, is a much needed step. If importing goes wrong for any reason, you can go back to this backup. You back up the cards to a SEPARATE drive than your media drive. And, as my boss says..."if it doesn't exist in two locations, it doesn't exist." Meaning you archive to TWO hard drives...best case scenario. And it's wise to have a verification of the backup...that it was done properly. For this I use Shotput pro. You don't have to use it, but I recommend it.

3) Recycle the cards. Erase and use them again.

4) Import the footage into your edit system...to your MEDIA drive...the drive you are using for editing. This is separate from your backup or "archive" drives.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sam Schwartz
Re: Video/Audio sync after import. HVX200a/FCP X
on Sep 30, 2014 at 1:22:38 pm

Thankyou for your time and advice. I will do that from now on. Unfortunately this was one of those times where being rushed and winging it was a huge huge downfall. Hopefully this issue can be corrected somehow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]