FORUMS: list search recent posts

White bar on clips in import window (a tip)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Woodhead
White bar on clips in import window (a tip)
on Sep 20, 2014 at 8:01:07 pm

I'm sure I'm posting something most of you know, and it's probably fully documented, but I just noticed this - if you look at a camera card file that's already been imported, there's a white bar on the bottom of the filmstrip view of that clip, in the import dialog. Had a shoot this past week that generated about 800 clips from multiple cameras, and I was being typically uber-paranoid about double/triple-checking cards to be sure they'd been imported, when I noticed the white bar. Once you know it's there, it greatly speeds up the double-check process.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: White bar on clips in import window (a tip)
on Sep 20, 2014 at 9:46:55 pm

Actually, simply looking at the clip in the event will tell you. If it has a little camera icon in the bottom left corner... it's not been fully imported and is still referencing the footage directly on the camera/card.

And that line used to be orange. ;)

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Sep 20, 2014 at 10:10:30 pm
Last Edited By Bob Woodhead on Sep 20, 2014 at 10:13:02 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] "Actually, simply looking at the clip in the event will tell you. If it has a little camera icon..."

Not exactly - the camera icon is different than the white bar, but you are correct as to it's function.

The white bar indicates a fully imported clip from the camera card. Great for making sure a card is good to be formatted.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Sep 20, 2014 at 11:40:52 pm

Camera icon = not fully imported i.e. aborted import
No icon = fully imported.

And the white bar will tell you if any PART of a clip was imported, it doesn't necessarily mean the entire clip was imported. But then that's not actually useful when coming from disk, only when from camera or SD, since in that case you don't have a filmstrip view but rather only LIST (meaning no easy or immediate overview). So I prefer to use the icons in the event instead.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
on Sep 21, 2014 at 11:01:37 am

Right. Coming from camera card, like I said in the OP. And the point was, when you've hundreds/thousands of clips, and a camera card that you want to confirm was imported, by simply looking for the white bar, you can confirm it was imported. Instead of having to search clips in the event browser. Don't even need to look at the event browser. White bar = done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]