FORUMS: list search recent posts

Libraries

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Libraries
on Sep 18, 2014 at 6:02:44 am

I started out having one Library contain quite a lot of different smaller Events (you know I mean jobs/ projects).

Now every job no matter how small I tend to give its own Library. It seems tidier.

There's no disadvantage is there to having lot of libraries with not so much in them compared to lots of Events in one Library?

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Libraries
on Sep 18, 2014 at 8:12:55 am

There is no disadvantage to this, especially if:

- You work with external (non-managed) media for your Libraries
- Or you work with managed media and all your Libraries reside on the same drive

When you work with external media for your Libraries, or you work with managed media and all your Libraries reside on the same drive, you can easily use media from one Library for Projects in any other Library without creating physical duplicates of the media.

Then only possible drawback you can get is if you ever need to search for specific clips across different Libraries. You can only search inside one Library at a time.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Libraries
on Sep 19, 2014 at 12:45:13 pm

I work with one library per project. And I pull footage from other libraries all the time. If you do this, you definitely want to consider using external media. Once they got rid of the stupid warning dialogue when you edit media between libraries it got a whole lot easier.

It also helps projects load faster and remain more nimble when you're working with them since there is less media and thumbnails FCP X has to load.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]