FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X 10.1.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Everette Murray
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.3
on Sep 11, 2014 at 9:49:34 pm

I am getting this when trying to import:

The following clip encountered an error during import and is still referencing media on the camera:

Clip Name: Clip #3
Event: FCFD

Original Name: Clip #3
Volume: NO NAME
Stream Error at: 09:54:05:21

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Final Cut Pro X 10.1.3
on Sep 12, 2014 at 10:08:58 am

Meaning your material didn't (for what ever reason) finish copying from whatever medium/camera/card it came from.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Sep 16, 2014 at 12:32:52 am

On the Virtual Users Group webcast, Mark Spencer made a great point that was really true.

Because the database gets formed separately from the actual clip import process, and because X allows a user to work so fast, it's quite possible to literally FINISH an edit, before all the footage you're working with is actually imported!

When this happens, all the Share functions can go off line until the import is done. Also, it's one cause of offline clips that need to be re-imported.

It's importnant to keep an eye on the HUD in the Dashboard and make sure you give your imports time to fully process.

If not, Offline clips will plague you constantly.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Sep 16, 2014 at 2:22:04 pm

[Bill Davis] "Because the database gets formed separately from the actual clip import process, and because X allows a user to work so fast, it's quite possible to literally FINISH an edit, before all the footage you're working with is actually imported!"

I caught that, too, and thought "now I finally know why this is happening to people so often!" because I could never figure out why and how. That aspect never occurred to me. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]