Why is it that FCPX seems to take an unreasonably long amount of time to export a "same as source" ProRes file from a sequence?
FCP7 used to fire them out at the speed of light, so why does the supposedly cutting edge upgrade seem to take so much longer to do this?
I've checked export settings to always ensure they match the source files used...and I'm not in a mixed-format sequence, nor is the sequence mis-matched to the actual source file format.
Am I missing something? I have noticed this issue on several machines with FCPX that I have used, one of them being a new Mac Pro (not sure on exact specs I'm afraid...not my system) - currently I am on latest versions of OSX and FCPX - but I've run up against this in every version I ever used.
Sure FCP 7 exported lightning fast, if you'd already spent eons rendering and of course transcoding to ProRes in the first place.
X doesn't have a sequence codec, just like Premiere. It has a size and frame rate. The render codec doesn't necessarily have anything to do with export. After many tests and many threads about the issue, I'm not sure anyone has actually figured out when and if X uses the render files as sources for export. But it doesn't copy them into your export like 7 did. if you're exporting ProRes it's either recompressing the render files or it's rerendering from scratch. I think like Jeremy mentioned it has to do with effects and templates used. I've had some sequences take 10 min to render, and 2 min to export if they were rendered. The same sequence took 12 min to export if it was unrendered. Seemed like it was using the render files. But then I've had another sequence take 10 minutes to render and 10 min to export, but only 8 min to export if it wasn't rendered. It doesn't always make sense.