FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't do the multi cam editing ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
I can't do the multi cam editing ...
on Sep 9, 2014 at 7:08:18 pm

Hi everybody.
I'm trying to do a multi cam edit but I believe I'm doing something wrong or I missed something on the tutorials posted around here on CC.
One question to begin with. Do I HAVE to have a long clip (without stop/play with the camera) to be the base for sync ?
I did my multclip with clips from the 2 cameras used on an event. A Sony HDV and a Canon 5D. Both cameras were doing stops during the whole event, but FCPX came with sync clips that I could see on the "angle viewer" on timeline. The problem is that I can't cut between the angles. My courser doesn't even turn into a blade on viewer window ?
Any clue ?

Thank you all very much in advance.

Fredy.

PS.: I'm using FCPX 10.0.8

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: I can't do the multi cam editing ...
on Sep 9, 2014 at 11:30:56 pm

Click the "show Angles Viewer" button in the pop up menu in the upper right corner of the viewer. You need to cut the multi cam clip into a timeline and you can then switch between angles...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bill Streeter
on Sep 11, 2014 at 4:41:20 am

No you don't need long clips to sync. You just need to assign an angle to each clip in the inspector/info window. Name all the clips from the same angle something unique "Angle 1," "Angle 2," "A" or "B" etc. Once you have them synced you'll see a multicam clip in your browser, put that in your project. Then in your viewer choose "Show angle editor" (or something like that, can't remember the exact terminology). Then just play the project and choose your angle cuts in real time by cutting on the angles in the angle viewer. Simple. There is a bit more to it than this but that's generally the basics. There are quite a few good tutorials on Youtube about it.

Return to posts index

Fredy Schwerdtner
on Sep 12, 2014 at 8:15:08 pm
Last Edited By Fredy Schwerdtner on Sep 13, 2014 at 3:02:19 am

Thanks guys for your messages, but I had already did everything you wrote here. Doing more reaches on internet and others FCP discussion groups I've found people having the same problem and some of them have been blaming the version 10.0.8 of FCPX. They are saying that the reason might be a bug of that version and this is the version I am working with. Have you heard anything about that ?
thanks.

iMac 2.7 GHz Intel 4 Core i5
16 GB memory

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
6GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

OS X 10.7.3
FCPX 10.0.8
Final Cut Studio "3"

Return to posts index

Doiminic Evans
on May 6, 2015 at 2:56:56 pm

You probably have found an answer by now. But in case you didn't... I found that after syncing the angles and going into the angle viewer that I had to select the angles in the time line and create a compound clip. Once I had a compound clip I found that the blade icon appeared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]