FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Rendering
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:45:02 pm

Despite rendering and re rendering I am still dropping frames in proxy mode and there arrested orange bars in the timeline as is the case when I switch to Optimised Media and try and render that out. Something is clearly not rendering out.

Not such a big deal as it will render overeating out during export I hope but which render files can I trash if I want to clean it up and render everything once and for all please? And is there any advantage to doing this I'm sure I read somewhere it was a good idea.

And what is in the 'High Quality Media" folder please?

Thanks you in advance

James

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Rendering
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:52:51 pm

[James Ewart] "which render files can I trash"

It's all or nothing. And it sounds like you'll want to try that and restart.

[James Ewart] "what is in the 'High Quality Media" folder"

Your optimised media.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Sep 9, 2014 at 2:58:03 pm

Thank you.

I have a transcoded Media folder with my Proxy and Optimised media in it in the bundle. I have an Original Media folder too.

What I have not seen before is a High Quality Media folder within my Render files folder.

Does not seem to contain media as such, just a bunch of folders containing gobbledegook "Frame references"

Regards

James

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2014 at 4:34:19 pm

[James Ewart] "What I have not seen before is a High Quality Media folder within my Render files folder."

Those are the render files. Your Project settings specify a rendering codec (usually ProRes).

With the Project area selected (command-2), hit command-j.

This should open the info window in the inspector for that Project. Click the modify settings button.

In there, you will see a drop down menu called "render format". That is the rendering settings for your timeline.

If those render files are on a drive that isn't quite fast enough to playback whatever you have selected there, you might see dropped frames.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]