FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Line Change in FCP 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Bell
Time Line Change in FCP 10.1
on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:50:07 pm

I'm a newbie and I think the solution to my question lies with understanding the difference and purpose of Library, Project and Element... in which I feel only a little confident....

However, I have a question about the time line.. I own and operate orphanages in rural China. Let's say I work on a eight to ten minute podcast for "Joe" with stills and short video and have a substantial and almost complete timeline...

Then I realize there is some data missing and I won't be able to finish until I get that data... so I start working on a similar podcast for "Mary".

Here is the question... How do I preserve Joe's timeline, clear the time line and start a new one for Mary and then when the data for Joe I'm waiting on comes in, switch back to Joe's timeline, finish his podcast and then return to Mary's? Of course I don't want to lose either one.

So far, I have completely lost each timeline when I attempted to switch.

A newby that needs help... Please help?

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Time Line Change in FCP 10.1
on Sep 9, 2014 at 10:01:10 am

This is really the most basic of bottom line knowledge to be able to use this app. I highly suggest that you buy a training course. Check out Ripple Training. They are super easy to understand and follow along with. They also have a ton of free training as well. Google "ripple training 5 minute fcp" and see what you come up with. They also have podcasts. Hope that helps!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]