FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy files not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrice Freymond
copy files not working
on Sep 8, 2014 at 6:35:54 pm

Hello everyone,

An issue arose today with our new MacPro/FCPX/SNS EVO SAN combo.

When importing media from a portable drive using FCPX in “copy files” mode, with the Library’s media folder residing on the SAN, FCPX imports but does not copy the media. The clip appearing in the browser is still linked to the original file.

If the clip is of a codec that can be optimized and the option in the import window is ticked, only the optimized media is copied to the SAN volume.

Renders work, writing to a dedicated NAS volume, Exports work too, writing to another dedicated Exports NAS volume.

I am stumped. I have never seen FCPX behave this way. The strange thing is that at no time does it indicate any problem with the copying process not succeeding…

Because the optimized media is created on the volume I would imagine this is probably more of an OS/FCPX issue but I don’t know enough about the processes in the mac to be sure of that.

OBTW: Trashed the prefs, with both Pref Manager and alt+cmd at launch.

- Mac Pro Tube 8 core / 64 GB RAM /Dual 700 GFX cards / SNS EVO SAN 32 TB 1GB Ethernet

thanks for your help.

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: copy files not working
on Sep 8, 2014 at 7:10:32 pm

[Patrice Freymond] "When importing media from a portable drive using FCPX in “copy files” mode, with the Library’s media folder residing on the SAN, FCPX imports but does not copy the media. The clip appearing in the browser is still linked to the original file. "

You are using the import function for this? Or drag and drop?

If you put the Library local, and repeat the process, do the files copy?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]