FORUMS: list search recent posts

Favorite effects titles etc..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anita sancha
Favorite effects titles etc..
on Aug 30, 2014 at 4:16:37 pm

Hi

Is there any way to make a folder of favourite effects titles etc... with all my extra plugins... searching for the commonist favourites is getting a bit of a pain.. in a quick click sort of way. Is there a way to make a folder ?????
I have made a text file to quickly add to search ... but is there another way.... ?

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Favorite effects titles etc..
on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:59:32 pm

Custom Bin.
At the bottom of the Effects window.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Aug 30, 2014 at 6:03:33 pm

Ann could you elaborate on that please?

Many thanks

James

http://www.jamesewart.co.uk

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Aug 30, 2014 at 6:53:47 pm

Yes Ann... please where is this custom bin... ?

The way I am getting around this is make a custom clip ... call it e.g. hues and then add any colour effects and special settings etc... and I keep this in a project called effects favourites and then I " copy " and paste attributes into clips as i need this.

Seems to work with frequently used effects with their favourite settings.

Anita

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Aug 30, 2014 at 7:01:02 pm

Okay. Thank you Ann. Not quite s simple as "make favourite effect" is it?

http://www.jamesewart.co.uk

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 30, 2014 at 7:18:02 pm

Here's one way to create a Favorites category that will appear in Effects. It involves opening the effect in Motion, adjusting it as you wish and saving it to a new Category you create called Favorites. You can also create a Theme so you can see effects, transitions, generators, etc. in the Theme.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 30, 2014 at 7:19:48 pm

The only way *I* can think of at the moment (and what I also do myself) is to open a copy of whatever it is in Motion via right-click, then simply save it into your own category and/or theme. With that you have everything you save from then on in said category in the respective browsers and *everything' all in your new theme in the themes browser.

Unfortunately I don't know what Ann could have meant since there is no such thing in X.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 30, 2014 at 7:55:54 pm

Another thought is you could go into Motion Templates > Effects and create an empty folder called Favorites. Then you could make copies of your favorite effects and place them in that folder. This will also work for titles, transitions & generators. I tried this and it worked. Some effects aren't in Motion Templates and probably can't be favorited this way.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 31, 2014 at 4:52:57 pm

James, you removed your post, but I fiddled around in Motion and you can make those dissolves in Motion. For the color dip start with a transition then add a generator between the Transition A and B layers. Then, keyframe an opacity shift from 100% to 0 on the Transition A layer (revealing the color), then add a 100% opacity keyframe to the Generator (you can adjust the length of the hold on color there by where you position the keyframe), go to your out point and take that opacity to 0%. Be sure to Publish the Generator's color parameter so you can change the color in FCPX. FCPX's Fade to Color transition allows you to affect more parameter's and, perhaps, you can also do that in Motion, but I don't know how.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Aug 31, 2014 at 5:48:04 pm
Last Edited By James Ewart on Aug 31, 2014 at 5:49:17 pm

Thank you so much for that. brilliant! yes I thought it was off topic so I posted a new thread which I will take down.

Now just have to figure how to do the same for audio!!

Kind regards

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]