FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace h264 FIles with the ProRes Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JuanMa Vilchez
Replace h264 FIles with the ProRes Files
on Aug 28, 2014 at 8:01:13 pm

HI everyone,
Im making a animation video. First i did some animation on After Effects and then I put them all on my FCPX timeline.
I used the compresion h264 for an easier sharing between AfterEffect to FCPX.
THe project is finished (cut, retime, sound, etc), but now I whant to replace all the Videos that i used in the time line that are in h264 with the originals files that are on ProRes.
How do i do that?
Thank You Verry much for your help.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Replace h264 FIles with the ProRes Files
on Aug 29, 2014 at 1:20:34 pm

[JuanMa Vilchez] "First i did some animation on After Effects and then I put them all on my FCPX timeline.
I used the compresion h264 for an easier sharing between AfterEffect to FCPX. "

ProRes would actually be a much better choice. h264 isn't the codec of choice for either AE or FCPX. On a mac, ProRes would be. AE isn't particularly adept at encoding h264.

[JuanMa Vilchez] "THe project is finished (cut, retime, sound, etc), but now I whant to replace all the Videos that i used in the time line that are in h264 with the originals files that are on ProRes.
How do i do that?"

I'm not sure I completely understand this question. If you rendered out h264 from AE, then those ARE the originals. If you mean that you have also rendered out ProRes files you have two choices...

1) If X is linking to externally managed media then you could just rerender or replace the h264 files with ProRes versions and X would simply relink to the new ProRes versions.

2) Rerender as ProRes and import and replace the h264s with ProRes via a more manual replace edit or possibly manually relink.

In any case, don't render from AE as h264. That's a waste of time. The only time I've done this was when I wanted to render an example for a client. I would set it to export an h264 direct to a dropbox folder so I could set it and walk away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]