FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unwanted sequences opening up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam White
Unwanted sequences opening up
on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:20:54 pm

Has anyone else had this annoying issue in FCPX where, if you try to playback a clip (of any kind) from the event browser, the timeline will randomly jump into action and open up a sequence. I find that it's usually the previous version of an edit I've been working on (let's say I'm on V5 of a cut, V4 will suddenly open up unwanted).

So, instead of playing back a clip from the event as I want, I end up with another sequence opening (which I don't want to work in). This happens all the time. It's incredibly irritating. Am I unwittingly doing something wrong to activate some bizarre "feature" or is this just a stupid bug?

FYI, I am on v10.1.3 and OSX 10.9.2 - although this behaviour has cropped up on pretty much all versions of FCPX I have ever used. So it's not just this latest update.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Unwanted sequences opening up
on Aug 28, 2014 at 12:46:45 pm

I think this is a new feature bug, or one I never noticed. If you have a sequence selected in the event browser and press spacebar, it will open up and play. I'm not sure why they can't make them skimmable and playable directly from the event like a compound clip. Your issue sounds at least related.

What has been driving me nuts is I'll be skimming a clip in the browser and press play and it plays my sequence instead, even though it's on the other screen. If I try to hit pause, it doesn't stop. I have to switch back over to the sequence to hit stop. I think it's not switching focus to the browser and/or getting it's focus confused, even though it's skimming. Us two screen users seem to always have problems like this. it's like Apple only tests on a single screen laptop.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 28, 2014 at 2:22:47 pm

Having the Event Browser open seems to mitigate some of these 'focus' issues.

Playing a sequence from the Event Browser and having it open has been around for the last few versions.

I love feature bugs! :)

Return to posts index

Michael W. Towe
on Aug 28, 2014 at 5:17:00 pm

Thank you so much for pointing this out. I have had this going on for a few projects now and didn't know what was causing it. I thought I was going crazy wen all of a sudden I would look up and find I am editing in a different project than I though I was.

Michael W. Towe
President M2 Digital Post
http://www.m2digitalpost.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]