FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clips in multicam clip truncated in angle editor.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Clips in multicam clip truncated in angle editor.
on Aug 27, 2014 at 5:46:26 pm

I just noticed this today, but FCP X has been truncating head and/or tail some clips in an angle. I created a multicam clip using three cameras and separate audio. There were large gaps between clips on the same angle and I realized I could pull the head and/or tail of the clip out to fill the gap and still maintain sync to my master audio. I had to manually go through the clips and pull the heads and/or tails out appropriately.

Has anyone experienced this or know why it may be doing this?

FCP X 10.1.3
Mac OS 10.9.4

Tangier

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: Clips in multicam clip truncated in angle editor.
on Aug 27, 2014 at 5:59:27 pm

Hi Tangier,

I believe you might have had a range selected on those clips before you made the multiclip. You can remove the ranges by selecting the clips and hitting opt-x. Then select the three clips along with the audio and recreate the multiclip. Hope that helps.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Color Correcting in FCP X
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Aug 27, 2014 at 6:34:14 pm

That's the right thinking, but these were new imports and no ranges had been selected yet. I was working in list view as well and simply selected the all of the clips for the appropriate reels that I wanted to use for the multicam clip.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Aug 27, 2014 at 6:37:57 pm

If you make the multiclip a second time, or make a multiclip with different footage (even just one clip) does it still cut off the heads and tails of the shots?

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Color Correcting in FCP X
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 27, 2014 at 8:08:19 pm

I've had some weird stuff in the angle editor in .1.3 as well. In a 9 angle multicam, one angle was alwAys visually off. It synced up fine. But IN the angle editor you would see and hear the clip about 15 frames before the play head reached it. Very odd. Once I realized it it was too far along to redo, and since it appeared to just be an annoying interface bug I left it alone.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 28, 2014 at 9:22:33 am

[Michael Garber] "I believe you might have had a range selected on those clips before you made the multiclip."

That's the only thing I could imagine is going on also. To be sure that that is in fact NOT the case, I would redo from the filmstrip view and make sure (as Michael pointed out) that none of the clips in fact have an active selection range, other than the entire clip of course.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Aug 28, 2014 at 4:06:37 pm

I am 100% positive that there was no range selected. That's not part of my normal workflow before making multicam clips either. I double checked anyway and there's no range selection. A coworker also confirmed that he has experienced this as well. Perhaps it's a bug.

Off-topic (but another bug): Another we noticed is that occasionally we've had clips not show up in the event window, but if you shift+F (match frame) a supposedly missing clip from your storyline it'll magically appear in the event and therefore library. There were no search entry in the search field to filter the view of clips.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]