FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the recording date in FCPX ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Douma
Where is the recording date in FCPX ?
on Aug 26, 2014 at 10:24:02 am

Hi all,

When I import a DV tape into FCPX, the resulting clip(s) get the date of import and not the recording date, as I would expect. Who cares about the date of import ?? I want to be able to find clips based on a certain recording period and I'm not the least interested when it was imported. I now have to re-date all clips to change the date to the recording date.

Is there a way to get the original recording date when importing files from tape ?

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
Re: Where is the recording date in FCPX ?
on Aug 26, 2014 at 1:10:50 pm

I just imported 7 DV tapes that were recorded back on May 5, 2006 and the creation date and time of the recording is what determined the name of the file. Are you not seeing that?

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:20:05 pm

Yes, the date is in the name, but I would like the date and time to appear as date/time fields, just as the creation date. I guess that is not supported.

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:44:51 pm

I found, that my problem only exists with older tapes, dating back to before 2000. When I imported a more recent tape, the dates were OK.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 26, 2014 at 2:48:49 pm

Ok, Any idea why they didn't work right before the year 2000? You did say these were DV tapes, right?

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on Aug 26, 2014 at 9:45:05 pm

DV tapes are a little sketchy around Y2K. Implementation of metadata recording on tapes was not really very standardized or well implemented from my experience. If you were shooting with a PD150, and later a DVX 100 then the data implementation was reasonably good. If you were shooting with a more consumerish DV camera then implementation might not be up to par. I just recaptured some archival DV for doc project part of which was shot on a PD 150 in august of 2001. The date and time info is there and correct in FCPX , some earlier DV or Digital 8 tapes do not contain the date& time info.

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Aug 27, 2014 at 6:20:27 am

Agree. The same is true for the recognition of individual clips on DV tape. The earlier versions import as single clips of 1 hour, while the later ones import correctly.

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
on Oct 30, 2014 at 3:19:41 pm

When I import tapes from my HDV tape camera, the recording date is shifted 2 hours, both in the name and the actual date. I have not found anything in the preferences or so that is related to this. Is there a setting in FCPX to prevent this or is this just another bug ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]