FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I split clips in the event browser ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Douma
Can I split clips in the event browser ?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 1:06:37 pm

Hi,

Currently I am loading all my old video tapes into FCPX. This will make editing so much easier and I have a backup at the same time. This is all working very nicely, but I run into a problem here: especially my older tapes with DV content load as a single clip. I would like to split these into distinct scenes so I can assign a proper name, tage people and correct the date. There seems to be no "blade"-command for clips in the event library as there is for clips in the time line. The only way I have found is to select the seven in the clip and create a new compound clip. When finished processing all the scenes in a clip this way, I can trash the original clip. This is a bit of a hassle, though.

Is there a simpler way of cutting clips in an event into pieces ?

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Can I split clips in the event browser ?
on Aug 25, 2014 at 4:37:14 pm

You simply assign (the same or different) keywords to each segment. After that they will show up as individual clips (or "sub-clips" if you will) in the collection.

Return to posts index

Hans Douma
Re: Can I split clips in the event browser ?
on Aug 26, 2014 at 7:26:41 am

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reaction. Assigning keywords is only a minor part of the problem. Most of the time a complete tape is imported as a single clip that gets the date of import, rather than the recording date. I find this rather strange and maybe it's a bug, but there you go. So I will have to change the dates and names of the "logical clips" in the single physical clip. I would think splitting that clip into sub-clips and changing the dates and names of the sub-clips is the only way to tackle this. Or am I wrong ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]