FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to use "sync clips" with clips from different events

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Williams
Trying to use "sync clips" with clips from different events
on Aug 22, 2014 at 3:14:12 am

Hi All,

The new project has 7 different types of cameras, with several cameras in each type. Clips were imported into events according to camera type.

Is it possible to use keywords or some other technique to choose overlapping clips from each event, then call the Synchronize Clips on them, so they will line up according to the audio? It appears the start times of the cameras / clips were not exactly in sync to begin with.

Thanks!
FCPX, MacPro, Mavericks

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
Re: Trying to use "sync clips" with clips from different events
on Aug 22, 2014 at 3:39:34 am
Last Edited By Ron Priest on Aug 22, 2014 at 3:40:37 am

No, you can't sync clips from multiple events, they must be in the same event. You can copy the clips from one event to another, but you should have imported all of the clips into the same event in the first place. I would have assigned camera names and angles to the clips as I imported them from each camera, then you could select all of the clips and synchronize them.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Michael Williams
on Aug 26, 2014 at 7:22:55 am

Hi Ron,

update.. selecting clips from different events and syncing them can be done! The trick is using the Filter function in combination with keywords applied to clips across all events.

Also, there is a sort by function on the Libraries List under the gear pull down, to sort by date, which will group clips created at the same time together for synching.

Thanks!
Michael

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 26, 2014 at 1:14:38 pm

Okay, I stand corrected then. Im glad you were able to figure that out! I'll have to try that.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]