FORUMS: list search recent posts

invert selection in timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
invert selection in timeline
on Aug 22, 2014 at 12:48:26 am

I want to have a clip selected and then invert that selection to have EVERYTHING ELSE selected. Any way to "invert selection"?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: invert selection in timeline
on Aug 22, 2014 at 12:59:40 am

Hmm- not in so many words. What are you trying to do? You could solo the selection and then everything else would 'disappear' for example. Or you could select all and then Command Select the on clip you didn't want to be selected- that would essentially have the same effect as an 'inverse select.'

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: invert selection in timeline
on Aug 25, 2014 at 10:26:26 pm

Here's the project -

I have betacam tapes from early 2000's. They are news packages that I did over my career that I want to save for one reason or another. I want to isolate these packages (junk on front and back and black in between.

The challenge is that I have to scale (to remove blanking, deinterlace and fix general SD issues) and also change aspect/dimensions as they were incorrectly captured (by a friend) at 720/60. I'll let you guess what affiliate he works at :)

I went through and set in/out's on all clips. I was planning on making a single sequence (correct all scaling/set SEQ settings/copy paste to all the other clips, duplicate SEQ, delete (rinse and repeat 85 times).

I love workflow solutions, so I was trying to think of the best way to do this...clearly taking more time and thought than just doing it! :)

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]