FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating from 10.0.9 to 10.1.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tanmay Chowdhary
Updating from 10.0.9 to 10.1.3
on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:41:41 pm

Hi,

I recently installed the da vinci resolve 11 and it seems like the xml output from the current version of tcp x (10.0.9) that I have is not usable with the resolve. I am trying to update the version of fcp x from 10.0.9 to 10.1.12, however I am not able to figure out how and where to update this from. I tried looking in the apple store as well, but the only option i get is to purchase the whole software all over again. Any help would be welcome.

Regards

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
Re: Updating from 10.0.9 to 10.1.3
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:54:07 pm

Check your login in the App Store. When you're logged in you should be able to select the "Purchased" or "Update" tab and run it for free.

NickZimmerman.net

Certified in FCPX, Logic Pro X, & Motion 5

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 22, 2014 at 12:41:21 am

Also make sure you're running the latest OS (10.9.4 as of this writing). If you don't see the current 10.1.3 version of FCPX as an available update in the Mac App Store that could be the reason.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Tanmay Chowdhary
on Aug 22, 2014 at 3:47:57 am

Hi,

I am running the latest version of OS and I did check on the apple store again for the option of update, however they still do not show anything except buy. I tried clicking on the buy option as well just to see if they show an option for update later. They show a message saying that fcp x is already installed on you computer, please check with the software update for any updates available. When i try refreshing available updates for software, nothing comes up for fcp. :(

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 23, 2014 at 6:51:51 pm

Contact the Mac App Store directly- they'll help you sort it out. As long as you're connecting with the original Apple ID you used to purchase FCPX with before, it will offer you the proper version:

https://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]