FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to move MXF files into FCPX, it imported some, skipped some

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Woods
Best way to move MXF files into FCPX, it imported some, skipped some
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:11:19 pm

Problem #1:
I have a lot of clips from a Panasonic HVX200. So I have a lot of HXF video clips. Yes, they are in proper folder structure. I tried importing them directly into FCPX and it imported some, skipped some and it saw some in the wrong source folder (I've never seen this happen). The ones it skipped over seemed to be just as large and properly structured as the ones it imported. So perhaps there is another way or app you can recommend so ALL the video clips can be imported into FCPX (none skipped over). Maybe I should convert them all to Apple ProRes first even though Apple says this is not necessary.

Problem #2:
In a related but somewhat separate issue. I want to move all my FCP 6 (six) projects and sequences to FCPX. I know there is an app "7toX" so I guess I need to buy FCP7 just to act as a bridge to get my 6 projects to X. Or is there a way to go directly from FCP6 to X?

The reason why I'm calling this a separate issue is that I'm not 100% sure that all my MXF files are even in the FCP6 projects. So if I solve Problem #2 I may still have Problem #1.

Thank you in advance.

My system:
FCP 10.1.2
MacOS 10.9.4
iMac early 2009 (Intel Core 2 Duo)

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Best way to move MXF files into FCPX, it imported some, skipped some
on Aug 22, 2014 at 8:27:18 pm

Hi, Lee. You should consider reporting your issue to http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Return to posts index

William Davis
on Aug 22, 2014 at 9:51:47 pm

As strange as it sounds, we've been having that issue on some systems with FCPX on two displays. It seems as if moving the UI to one monitor allows us to import properly. Lee, are you on a dual monitor setup?

Bill

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:39:28 am

old thread , but did you overcome your problem now? as I know that fcp seemed that it can support mxf natively now. not for sure if anyone did some test.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]