FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with simple title animation in FCPx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian McLaren
Problem with simple title animation in FCPx
on Aug 21, 2014 at 7:41:20 pm

Attempting a simple animated title in Final Cut Pro X (latest version). I need the title to start out centered in the frame (over black) then move up to the upper left hand corner and go to 50% size (over video). I want it to be a smooth straight transition.

I have set keyframes at the beginning of the title, then 3 second into it (the start of animation) and then three seconds later (end of animation). No matter whether I keyframe Position or Anchor (tried it both ways), it goes up to the far upper left corner and then does a little loop back to the intended position right at the upper edge of Title Safe.

I haven't added any keyframes in between. How can I get rid of this little loop?

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
Re: Problem with simple title animation in FCPx
on Aug 21, 2014 at 8:51:14 pm

Select your Transform Tool from the lower left corner of your viewer, then select the title to view it's motion path. You should be able to see where your issue is from here.

NickZimmerman.net

Certified in FCPX, Logic Pro X, & Motion 5

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Problem with simple title animation in FCPx
on Aug 21, 2014 at 10:08:07 pm

Step 3, right click on the keyframe points in the viewer and select linear. No need to mess with the anchor point. No need for the first set of keyframes either. You just need the ones in the middle and at the end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]