FORUMS: list search recent posts

slip and clip frame by frame with keyboard shortcut - while keeping the marker in place

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
slip and clip frame by frame with keyboard shortcut - while keeping the marker in place
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:25:06 am

While having the clip selected with the trim tool, I want to slip the clip frame by frame. The issue is that once I hit the , and . keys - it moves my curser to the head of the clip. Any way to keep it in place so I can see what is visually happening?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: slip and clip frame by frame with keyboard shortcut - while keeping the marker in place
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:44:06 am

Yes. What you need to do is make sure that the cursor is inside the confines of the clip. If the trim tool is selected, and your cursor is inside the clip, you should see a mini scanner. Let that mini skimmer hover at the point you want and use the period and comma keys to do your slip. The play head will still jump to the head of the clip, but the viewer will show the frame under the mini skimmer.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: slip and clip frame by frame with keyboard shortcut - while keeping the marker in place
on Aug 20, 2014 at 4:29:52 am

Ok, I understand this, but what I'm trying to do is look at a cumulative representation of the timeline with a blending mode from the clip above. (Difference)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]