FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to update two of my libraries for 10.1.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Link
Unable to update two of my libraries for 10.1.3
on Aug 19, 2014 at 9:59:50 pm

After upgrading to 10.1.3 I was able to update all of my libraries except two, both of which I had been using in 10.1.2. Attempting to update those two libraries crashes Final Cut. Anybody else having similar problems? Any ideas about what to do?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Unable to update two of my libraries for 10.1.3
on Aug 20, 2014 at 4:58:08 pm

Hi, John.

I haven't updated yet, but things to check would be, third party plugins, and try deleting the FCPX cache as well as preference.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tony Pfau
on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:03:24 pm

yes, finally giving up and rebuilding edit in Premiere Pro. Annoying as all get out. I keep getting ..."object can't be nil" crash record. I've tried using the backup library, a clone of the library. All was working just fine even after the update to 10.1.3, no edits were done on the project. I was able to pull in early fcpxml to get a new library, but it is now crashing when I try and copy compressor filter from one audio clip to another. Same issues are happening on another box, which I stupidly had upgraded to 10.1.3. this is a major drag.

I've ditched the prefs, un activated plug ins, got rid of thumbs, render files yadda ya. X really needs a repair function for this crap or at least something that will point to the issue instead of the crash record that no one can understand

this is the standard error coming back Application Specific Information:
*** -[__NSArrayM insertObject:atIndex:]: object cannot be nil
abort() called

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Return to posts index

John Link
on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:14:51 pm

I get the same "object can't be nil" crash report on one of my computers, but on another computer, also running FCPX 10.1.3 in OS 10.9.4, there is no problem updating the libraries.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]