COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sachin Desai
FCPX Audio sync drifts !!
on Aug 18, 2014 at 12:47:58 pm

Hello!

I'm on FCPX 10.1.2.

My project is 1080 50i.

I've multicam clip on my timeline four Camera SONY NX5 footage.

My audio guy recorded the audio on audio recorder but he made a mistake of recording it on 32000 sample rate.

now when I try to sync audio it drifts after few mins.

I tried to convert it to 48000 16 bit but that didn't help me.

still same problem is there.

is there any other option I can try?

thanks

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: FCPX Audio sync drifts !!
on Aug 18, 2014 at 2:50:13 pm

Figure out how long you can go and retain good sync - (2 minutes?) Chop your audio up into those segments (with a few seconds overlap on each side) - export individually. Now you will have a bunch of individual 2 minute clips. Put those in a multi cam and sync. This will allow multicam to adjust the in point of the 2 minute clips to match the audio from the camera. At transition points between clips you'll need to play around to find the best edit point so it's not mid-word.

Another option would be to figure out what percentage off it is. Say 1%. Convert to 48K Use Audacity's Change Speed Effect to change to the proper length. It will change the pitch, but only slightly.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Aug 18, 2014 at 4:04:23 pm

Try using Wave Agent (free from Sound Devices) to change the audio file header to the correct frame rate. Audio has no timecode, but the header tells the NLE how to count time. Iff the header's wrong, you get drift.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.9.2, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCP-X 10.1.1, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Sachin Desai
on Aug 18, 2014 at 7:20:06 pm

Thanks for the reply !
I will try what you've suggested !

Sachin Desai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]