FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't export bundle from FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Farago
Can't export bundle from FCP X
on Aug 14, 2014 at 8:31:39 pm

I created an export bundle in FCP X with 3 different file types but when I go to export them and choose a location, an error dialogue prevents me from saving them. It says:

“customer_story_video” already exists. Do you want to replace it?
A file or folder with the same name already exists in the folder Videos. Replacing it will overwrite its current contents.

Of course, this is not true. I can't edit the name of each file individually in FCP X. My best guess is that FCP X is supposed to append the name of the export to the file name to prevent this from happening but a bug is occurring? Any ideas? Thanks!

Nick

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Can't export bundle from FCP X
on Aug 15, 2014 at 4:06:22 pm

The problem is two or more of your bundle settings are attempting to save the file under the same name. A way around this is to create custom settings in compressor where it can append the setting to the filename, and then use those custom compressor settings as your bundle.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Nick Farago
Re: Can't export bundle from FCP X
on Aug 15, 2014 at 9:43:49 pm

Hi Andy. Thanks for your response. I tried creating two different custom settings in Compressor, then added them to a bundle in FCP X but the same error is happening. I can't seem to find anyone else on Creative Cow or Apple Community experiencing this problem...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]