FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lightroom keywords to FCPX??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Williams
Lightroom keywords to FCPX??
on Aug 14, 2014 at 4:51:55 am

I've got years of video archived in Lightroom, and now that FCPX can import Finder keywords, does anyone know a way to get Lightroom keywords into FCPX as well? thanks,

John F. Williams

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Lightroom keywords to FCPX??
on Aug 14, 2014 at 1:36:53 pm

I haven't worked with LR for years, but if it doesn't have some sort of standard export format for its database, then I'd say... no. Bit I'm not sure what that has to do with Finder tags either.

Question is: why would you want to import your LR library of all things into an NLE?

Return to posts index

John Williams
on Aug 14, 2014 at 3:40:12 pm

Most of my video footage these days is from a DSLR. While I'm importing and tagging stills, it's natural and easy to import and tag the video at the same time as part of the same workflow. That is my main organization and storage for original media. My movies incorporate a lot of stock footage I've shot over the years, so I've grown accustomed to LR being my "go to" tool when I'm looking for an image of, say, a sand dollar pooping or nudibranchs mating.

When I import into FCPX, I leave the original media in place, so my LR data storage is always intact and reliable.

However, when I'm editing in FCPX, it would be nice to take advantage of those tags I've already spent so much time adding. Maybe now that Apple is putting so much emphasis on Finder tags, someone will build, or maybe already has, an app to copy LR tags to the media files as Finder tags. I know there are already some other apps add Finder tags from other sources.

John F. Williams

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 14, 2014 at 4:26:27 pm

I'm not aware of any such app unfortunately. But you definitely sound like the perfect candidate for "Photo" once it's out. :) (and assuming Adobe in fact implements its support in LR)

Return to posts index

Nicholas Zimmerman
on Aug 14, 2014 at 4:35:46 pm

I haven't loaded up LR5's dictionary, but judging from Adobe's other apps, it should be pretty full featured. My guess is that your best bet would be to find someone to write an Applescript app to change your LR keywords into Finder tags.

FCP X Certified Pro, Level Two

Return to posts index

Edward Levinson
on Aug 5, 2017 at 6:26:03 am

I see this is an old thread, but... Is there a way to get "keywords" logged on Lightroom 6 into FCPX(10.3) when exporting/importing? Like John Williams above, I use LR to catalogue and preview my clips (taken with a DSLR and mirrorless). Be nice to see those keywords in FCPX. Any new news or workaround on this? Thanks in advance, Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]