FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Timeline disappeared after exporting/ Importing XML to start over

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Hanson
FCPX Timeline disappeared after exporting/ Importing XML to start over
on Aug 11, 2014 at 8:26:07 pm

Hello all. I am editing a short film with FCPX. I am having a problem where my entire film, in the timeline, disappeared. My original and my backup project file both opened up, and the movie was gone. I have done some research and have found that this has happened to a handful of people. I have tried the work arounds people had suggested and none of them worked for me. At this point, I am having to match clip for clip based on the temporary export. I have a few questions. Any help would be great.

I have created a new library, with a new project so I do not use the same timeline, as it seems there is a bug in my original. I imported the XML into the new project and everything has loaded nicely. I pulled in the export into the time line and have started to match clip for clip. I noticed though that the clips now look somewhat blurred/ fuzzy. And thought, maybe it's using proxy files so the quality is lower. However when I went to look, it showed optimized was being used. I clicked on proxy to see what would happen and it gave me a big red screen that said, MISSING PROXY. I am wondering if this will hurt my project in anyway during the next export, or an export of another XML or OMF? In my original project file, I had imported the footage as proxy media only, to save space, so that is why I'm confused why it's saying it's missing.

Any help or thoughts would be great. I'm fairly green when it comes to editing, so I'm not always sure what I'm looking for.

Thank you!

P.S. I will also say, my timeline disappeared after I exported. Any info as to why this may have happened, or how to fix/ avoid would be great too.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX Timeline disappeared after exporting/ Importing XML to start over
on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:24:49 am

Meaning your Project simply disappeared from the Event, or the clips in your Project disappeared leaving you with an empty Project?

If you imported Proxy media as Original media, then FCPX is using the Proxy media as your full res media. You will have to import your full resolution media in order to use the full resolution.

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: FCPX Timeline disappeared after exporting/ Importing XML to start over
on Aug 12, 2014 at 6:14:03 am

In my original project file, I had imported the footage as proxy media only, to save space, so that is why I'm confused why it's saying it's missing.

Can you explain how you have done this? Because this is probably what has screwed up your entire project.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]