FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with HDCAM SR (SStP) in Final Cut X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Simonson
Working with HDCAM SR (SStP) in Final Cut X
on Aug 8, 2014 at 4:33:11 pm

I have received some footage in Sony MXF format using the SStP Lite codec. I have downloaded the latest Sony SR Viewer and Plugin, am running OS X 10.9.4 and FCX 10.1.2, and have yet to be able to get FCX to import the files into the Library. I have tried exporting both Self-contained and Reference QT movies from the SR Viewer application, yet neither seem to produce a different result in FCX. Anyone have any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong here? I have been able to convert the files using the Sony RAW Viewer application into Apple ProRes, so at least that is an option, but I'd prefer to work natively in the original codec (don't care about the wrapper format) in FCX. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Charles Simonson
Re: Nevermind
on Aug 8, 2014 at 4:40:57 pm

I thought I had tried this previously, but I guess not. Almost immediately after posting this thread, I went back and tried uninstalling Calibrated Software's MXFImport plugin. After doing that and rebooting, I am now able to export from the SR Viewer app into a QT reference file and import this into FCX. So everything appears to be working well. Hopefully this will be a tip for anyone else who may encounter such a scenario in the future!

Return to posts index

Roy Pearson
Re: Nevermind
on Aug 9, 2014 at 2:51:43 am

Actually you may not need the QT reference files. I've successfully imported/edited SStP MXF files (from Sony F5) into FCPX by simply dragging them into the browser. All this without the Calibrated MXF plugin, mind you, just need to install the Sony SR software (which you've already done). Seems surprising but it worked for me, let me know how it goes for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]