FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plenty of panning and tilting, how to colour correct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Janson
Plenty of panning and tilting, how to colour correct?
on Aug 7, 2014 at 8:17:59 am

I made this test video

some time a go, just for fun. It has plenty of panning, tilting and zooming, over the horizon and from ground to sky.

The first problem I had was that Youtube could not play it smoothly. I did not find any other solution to this than load it to Vimeo. This is a edited version https://vimeo.com/102758745 and at Vimeo the playback is much smoother.

The problem I have is adjusting the colour and exposure. If I adjust them on one part of each clip, they are way off on some other part of the same clip.

On the first clip I used a mask on the sky and animated it according the horizon. This way I could adjust the sky and ground separately. The result was not good when the mask was limited near the horizon, I needed to pull it over the ground and that caused dark ground near the horizon. Also, I am just learning and when looking the video now, so maybe it is over corrected.

Any suggestions how I could make a better mask?

On the other clips I would really like to do colour and exposure correction in several places of each clip, to get them matching with previous and following clip, but I have not found a way to do this. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Plenty of panning and tilting, how to colour correct?
on Aug 8, 2014 at 7:54:02 pm

I use CoreMelt's SliceX which lets you mask, track the mask, adjust keyframes, and color correct. As for corrections in the middle of continuous shots, I cut the clip halfway through the change, adjust each side the way I want, then apply a long dissolve to transition between the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]