FORUMS: list search recent posts

replacing audio on multicam clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark McFarlane
replacing audio on multicam clip
on Aug 6, 2014 at 7:55:25 pm

I have a multi cam clip with three angles, one is an audio-only mix down from a 24-track recording, the other two are are from two different video cameras.

I have successfully created a project and setup transitions between the 2 camera, and selected the multi-track mix down as the only audio that runs the entire length of the project.

fter auditioning on various devices, Ive decided the bass os a tad too heavy.

Is there a way to either

1) replace the entire audio track inside the multicam clip with a new mix, or
2) Apply the same EQ to all clips in the multicam clip

If I select all clips within the multicam clip the ability to create a custom EQ seems to disappear.

My reference is #1 above, to simply replace the angle within the multicam clip that is audio only with an entirely new mix, although that may be problematic (resyncing).

I guess another option is to just drop in the remixed audio track, manual sync it, and turn off the audio in the multicam clip.

I hope this is clear.
Cheers,

Mark

Mark McFarlane
Video Novice

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: replacing audio on multicam clip
on Aug 6, 2014 at 9:58:12 pm

You can do both. For number one, import your new mix of audio. Open your multi-clip. Create a new angle and drop the new audio into that angle. Sync with the rest of your footage and then set that as the audio monitoring angle.

For number two, open up the multi-clip and apply EQ to the audio angle. The changes will ripple down to the edits in the timeline.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mark McFarlane
Re: replacing audio on multicam clip
on Aug 7, 2014 at 9:43:00 am

Thanks Andy, I'll give these a try tonight.

Mark McFarlane
Video Novice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]