FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing audio in Timeline!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Silva
Syncing audio in Timeline!
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:19:09 am

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and could really use the help on this issue I am having. I started editing a multi cam video clip with two audio tracks. I synced all of the tracks before I started working on it. I am pretty far into the editing and I realized one of the audio tracks is not the one that was supposed to be in there so, I deleted it and imported the right one.

Now, I am well aware that you can sync audio and video tracks on the event browser but I have everything on my Timeline now with the editing pretty far into the project.

MY QUESTION: Does anyone know how to get Final Cut to properly sync and align the two audio tracks inside of the Timeline? Mind you, that one audio track that I want to sync the imported audio track with is already synced to two video clips in the Timeline. Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
Re: Syncing audio in Timeline!
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:47:55 am
Last Edited By Ron Priest on Aug 5, 2014 at 1:16:15 am

Is this a multicam clip that you are wanting to add a new audio track to? See if this helps.

http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.1/#ver23c76b1a

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Oscar Silva
on Aug 5, 2014 at 4:34:09 am

Hey Ron, thanks for the response. I just released it's not actually a "multi cam" project. I just happen to have two video files I editing from.

So it's a concert, two different camera angles, and two separate master audio recordings of the concert. I synchronized the two video tracks to one of the audio tracks and started editing away in the timeline. I later added the SECOND audio track into the timeline. I matched it up by ear.

Is there anyway to get FCP to match the two audio tracks in the timeline without having to start my project over? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 5, 2014 at 5:38:03 am

Yes, inside the angle editor, select the angle you want to be your monitoring angle If you click on the little rectangle TV icon at the left of the track it will make that track the monitoring angle. Or you can click on the down arrow next to the angle name and select "Set Monitoring Angle" You want to set the monitoring angle on a angle that you know is in sync.

Then you select the clip in the other track that you need to get in sync, and click on the down arrow of track at the left side, and select to Sync Selection to Monitoring Angle. If your monitoring angle is a good source clip, it should move your selected clip in sync. You'll need to do this for each clip that you need to sync to the monitoring angle.

Hope that helps.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 5, 2014 at 9:54:59 am

Since you've synced in the timeline, you obviously won't have the angle editor to work with. So basically: no, you can't sync clips in the project timeline. You would have had to have made an actual synced clip or multicam clip from the various media first. With a multicam clip you could have added additional angles to cut to. At this point you could only manually sync it as a connected clip. Or make a multicam clip from it all and start over, yes.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 5, 2014 at 12:09:45 pm

Sorry, I misread your post where you stated it wasn't a multicam.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]