FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color grade not exporting from Mutlicam

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Huxley
Color grade not exporting from Mutlicam
on Aug 1, 2014 at 9:52:39 am
Last Edited By Jason Huxley on Aug 1, 2014 at 10:10:20 am

Hi everyone. Just cut a mutlicam in FCPX.. The problem I'm having is that when I export the final edit the grade is not there. The scenario is this. I've got 3 cameras. Synced them up. Graded them to match etc.. Then applied the grades to the Multicam clips, rather than to the edit. That way I didn't need to grade each individual edit. Just plonk the correct one on each camera and it's done... Or so I thought. It all looks A. OK when I play the project. Only when I export, does it export the non graded version of the footage. So weird. It's rendered everything, as after I did this it wanted to render my whole project. I'm bashing my head on this one. Have you got any ideas on what I've done wrong here?

So instead of adding the grades here and having to put them on every angle.

I've put the grades on here..

But when I export it, no grade!! It's like FCPX ignores the mutlicam grade when it exports, even it plays the grade A. OK in the timeline (and on my broadcast monitor).

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Color grade not exporting from Mutlicam
on Aug 1, 2014 at 4:29:19 pm
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Aug 1, 2014 at 4:32:47 pm

Try deleting your render files and exporting again without rendering in advance.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 3, 2014 at 2:40:16 pm

FCPX 10.1.2 has a NASTY Pasting Attributes Bug, and it's easy to replicate. If you haven't heard about it, seen it and or reported it to Apple please be aware of it and report it, it could really bite you without you realizing it.

Although it's not limited to copying and pasting attributes in multicam edits via the angle editor, that's where I first replicated the bug, while making color changes to a clip in the angle editor. If I copy the color attribute and past it to other selected clips in the same angle, it appears that the clips have accepted the CC attributes when playing it from the angle editor or even when viewing the multicam in a new project timeline. But unless you first tweak the attribute settings in the clips you pasted them to, they don't come across in the export. In an attempt to troubleshoot it, I've tried it first without rendering the project before export and again with rendering the project before export and it doesn't make any difference.

Here is the proven workaround. After you select the clips and paste your CC attributes, but before you unselect the clips, toggle off and on the color effects switch. This will insure the corrections will flow through during the export/share process.

Also, be aware that this in not just a color attribute bug, it will occur after pasting any effects attributes so you will need to toggle off and on the subject effect in the same fashion.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Jason Huxley
on Aug 3, 2014 at 11:06:12 pm

Super. It worked. Just tried it. Have you reported the bug as it's a pretty major one? I'd tried pasting the grades to the individual clips and it was still exporting wrong. Was pulling my hair out over this..

Thanks.

Jason.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 4, 2014 at 1:05:45 am

Great Jason, glad it worked for ya. Yes, I have reported it to Apple and I hope everyone that reads this will report it also. It is a huge bug and needs to be fixed asap, I mean ASAP!

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]