FORUMS: list search recent posts

reveal in browser

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony west
reveal in browser
on Jul 29, 2014 at 11:30:41 pm

Reveal in browser seems to not be working for me since the last update.

Reveal in finder is fine. Anybody else notice this?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: reveal in browser
on Jul 30, 2014 at 5:48:09 am

works fine. did you trash preferences?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jul 30, 2014 at 12:25:31 pm

[Craig Alan] "works fine. did you trash preferences?"

I did not Craig, until recently I had not really had any problems but I will try that now. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 30, 2014 at 7:43:50 am

⇧F? Works just fine.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:30:23 am

I frequently need to do the shift-F twice. The first time it opens the browser to all the clips, and the second time it finally shows me the matched clip with the range set.

It's annoying, but I've gotten into the habit of hitting the keys twice.

Go figure.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 31, 2014 at 4:52:08 am

Just did a test. I selected a different library than the one holding the event and timeline, hid the browser, shift-F. The clip and range instantly appeared. It's a simple project with one long clip in the event that is cut up. But still I have not seen the behavior you describe.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 31, 2014 at 8:08:52 am

[Mark Morache] "I frequently need to do the shift-F twice. The first time it opens the browser to all the clips, and the second time it finally shows me the matched clip with the range set."

Yes, have had that a lot, too. That is, if I'm in filmstrip view and/or don't have the event but a keyword collection etc. selected (so that FCP has to do the switch). It's fine in list. But this is something you should definitely send feedback on. They know of it (from moí), but it's always good to see/know that annoying inconsistencies are reproducible elsewhere.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jul 31, 2014 at 1:38:39 pm

Thanks for the feed back everybody.

Well, I hesitated to trash my preferences because I have spent a lot of time remapping my keyboard.

(I guess I'm a little lazy in not wanting to put all my mapping back)

functions that I use a lot that require 2 key strokes I have mapped to just one key. (I just like hitting one
key : )

my reveal in browser for example is just the 1 key and my reveal in finder is 2

I just use these so much I just wanted to cut down the keystrokes.

I have been leaving X open for long stretches so before I trashed my Ps I wanted to try just quitting and restarting X

I opened it back up and so far I have not been able to repeat the problem.

Anyway, just wanted to update everybody.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:24:33 pm

A restart is always a good first move, yes.

And FWIW: you can save/export your keyboard settings and load them back in. So they wouldn't actually get lost.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:45:19 pm

In fact, you don't even need to save them. They should still be there. When you trash your preferences, then your keyboard goes back to the default, however your personal set should still be there. You just need to go into the keyboard settings and select your personal keyboard.

Easy breezy.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:47:52 pm

Good point. They're saved separate from the prefs in a folder somewhere, yes. Forgot about that. :)

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 31, 2014 at 8:23:22 pm

Would love to see a list of custom shortcuts that could be made that would work well in FC and OS X without conflicting with the existing ones. Ones that editors find very useful.

My biggest need is custom layouts but I guess those aren't available yet.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Aug 1, 2014 at 1:12:12 pm

[Craig Alan] "My biggest need is custom layouts but I guess those aren't available yet."

How can you not simply make them yourself as needed? The Command Editor is a pretty amazing tool as far as that's concerned. And Apple has moved/killed a lot of the previous OS key commands that could get in your way (especially in Motion), too.

Return to posts index

tony west
on Jul 31, 2014 at 8:49:24 pm

thanks everybody, didn't know I could do that.

That's good to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]