FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicate project as snapshot...has stopped working...arrgh

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Duplicate project as snapshot...has stopped working...arrgh
on Jul 27, 2014 at 12:50:49 pm

I have a 7 minute project, not overly complex, but not simple either. 4K footage, lots of compound clips, but none nested more than 2 deep.

Up until recently I was able to duplicate my latest project as snapshot without issues.
But this morning I see spinning beach ball for a couple minutes, followed by the loading progress indicator and then....nothing! No error message and NO snapshot!

I am able to duplicate as a regular project without snapshot.

Could this have something to do with a corrupt library, or perhaps lack of disk space?

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Duplicate project as snapshot...has stopped working...arrgh
on Jul 27, 2014 at 9:30:31 pm

make sure nothing is being processed in the b.g. command-9

easy enough to check your media drive or storage location options and get info in the finder will tell you about remaining space, though a snapshot is a tiny little file. but regardless I would be very careful to not go beyond 80% capacity on any drive.

a snapshot is treated as an edit. command-z will actually undo it, much to my surprise when i took a snapshot and then undid all things I had done because I wanted to compare where I had been and where i was going.

worth a try:

Reset preferences in Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2

Quit Final Cut Pro X.
Hold down the Command and Option keys while reopening Final Cut Pro X. A window will appear asking "Do you want to delete preferences?"
Click Delete Preferences. This command removes the preference files and resets Final Cut Pro X to default settings.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
Re: Duplicate project as snapshot...has stopped working...arrgh
on Jul 28, 2014 at 2:12:51 pm

Thanks. All good tips

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]