FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost FCPX, how long should restore from backup take?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Niedenthal
Lost FCPX, how long should restore from backup take?
on Jul 27, 2014 at 12:00:12 pm
Last Edited By Jack Niedenthal on Jul 27, 2014 at 12:01:53 pm

I lost an entire feature film project in FCPX 10.1.2. Gulp.

I was trying to export to Blu Ray, then tried to just export the file to hard drive, i.e., I gave it 2 commands at the same time. My fault, but then FCPX started acting funny, so I forced quit and restarted FCPX.

When I rebooted, I discover that the feature project is gone, but everything else is there... (the trailer and all the other files, just the one project)

So I tried to restore from the backup that was made an hour earlier. When I select it and then ask for the backup I get a spinning beach ball, but I am not sure if that is FCPX working away or is this FCPX just not able to do anything? Should I force quit again? I have a backup on another hard drive from the previous day, should I just go to that???

This library that I am trying to restore is a fairly big file, 1 TB, could that be what is taking a while? How long should I leave the beach ball spinning before giving up on it?

Jack Niedenthal
Microwave Films of the Marshall Islands
http://www.microwavefilms.org
http://www.microwavefilms.org/Crickets.html
iMac i7 using Mavericks 10.9.x, HPX 170 using only one 64GB card
I live on an island in the middle of the Pacific, YOU are my only resource.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Lost FCPX, how long should restore from backup take?
on Jul 28, 2014 at 11:52:51 am

When you say lost, do you mean that even the footage resources are gone from your hard-drive?
I can see FCPX losing connection to a project but not sure about it deleting an entire project from a physical drive.
Can you snoop around for the project/events folders on your drive?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]