I've been using fcpx for a while now and never had a problem with external view. So here is the problem I am encountering:
1. Using the latest version of fcpx 10.1.2 i think
2. Operating on MBP w latest version of Mavericks 10.9.4
3. I am using an mdl to hdmi to send signal to projector
4. I have set the display in the system settings so they are NOT mirrored
5. In fcpx Clicked the option to view show viewers on second display
Normally when this is done I get a clean full screen image of the video I am viewing. No menus, full screen, perfectly clear.
For some reason this time I am getting a full screen image of my movie WITH the apple system menu at the top. So in other words at the top it has the white bar all the way across with the menu finder File View Window etc. I have never and this happen before.