FORUMS: list search recent posts

fcpx gh3 mov import losing last frame audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Simboli
fcpx gh3 mov import losing last frame audio
on Jul 25, 2014 at 8:48:58 pm

Just in case this helps anyone else who has been having problems importing .mov files from Panasonic GH3 into FCPX 10.1 and losing the last frame of audio, here's what I've found out. I haven't tested this on a full project, but it seems that
- FCPX has a problem importing .mov files directly from the SDXC card. When importing from SDXC the last frame of audio is missing on a file, though the video is all there. This happens when I place the individual files on the project timeline and when I create a compound clip.
- If I copy the .mov files from the SDXC card to an external drive, and then import those files into FCPX from the external drive, all of the audio is on the .mov file. This works when I place the files onto the project timeline and also when I create a compound clip.

I don't know why this works, but it seems to solve a problem. Anyone else run into this?

FCPX 10.1.1. on an Imac 3.4 Ghz I7, 16GB RAM; OS 10.9.3

Return to posts index

Marc Fon
Re: fcpx gh3 mov import losing last frame audio
on Sep 22, 2017 at 1:23:53 pm

I've created an account just to thank you for this. So 3 years after you've reported the issue it still exists! I'm using GH4, FCPX 10.2.3 and OSX 10.11.6.

I was pulling my hear our trying to figure out what was causing this issue. I never would have suspected the SD card. Actually it's more likely that it's a filesystem problem. The filesystem of the SD card is exFAT while your SDD/HDD will have likely be HFS+.

It's annoying that you first have to copy the files before you can import them into FCPX but I'm happy that this workaround exists!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]