FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX stabilisations export issue (jiggle)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernesto Brelièreovsky
FCPX stabilisations export issue (jiggle)
on Jul 22, 2014 at 1:40:17 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to export a timeline that's been taken under relatively strenuous processe. It'is a 6mn video of footage that have been moved from and to several softwares back and forth (chains of fcp7, fcpX, Vdmx) with a high amount of exports (there must have been nearly 50 in total) through both these three programs, compressor, and QT screen records and glitches among other processes.

Each time, the timeline was exported in APR HQ which, on a surface logic, means that all the data from filters and especially stabilization effects must have been saved with all their presets each time and transcoded as shown the timeline. However, we never managed to play stabilisations right on QT or VLC, it jiggles, images jump both the cropping remains.

I don't know whether a file of this kind would keep somewhere in its code a trace of the previous processes, but now when export from FCPx theshots that were stabilized using FCP7, this jiggle appears and messes it up, as it did when we were exporting from the 7th (which is one of the reasons why we moved to X). The shots play fine on the timeline, but no export have been successful so far.

The only option we haven't tried is the latest compressor, but since we'd have to buy it we thought we'd ask on the legendary cow first. I know FCP7 have some bugs about stabilization exports but it's supposed to have been fixed on the X. Do you think the latest compressor would do the trick ? Has anyone encountered the same problem ?

Many thanks !
Ernesto.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX stabilisations export issue (jiggle)
on Jul 22, 2014 at 4:44:02 pm

You'd need to re0stabilize those shots directly in X. Anything you did in 7 would be ignored. That said, not every shot is stabilizable- without seeing an example. One thing you can always try is to cut the especially jumpy shots into pieces and stabilize by piece. Just keep in mind you'd have to export each piece as its own discrete clip, not just blade it up in the timeline.

Noah

Call Box Training.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 22, 2014 at 5:04:09 pm

In X you can slice up the clip. Stabilization is by clip, not file like in 7 where it had to analyze the entire file. Major improvement. Speedier too of course.

Return to posts index

Ernesto Brelièreovsky
on Aug 7, 2014 at 2:47:49 pm

Hi Noah,

Thanks for your reply,

We actually tried these solutions too but still wouldn't work, and what did in the was an APR HQ export from fcpX and a conversion from Adobe media encoder… ?! It did work somehow though, so I don't know, mysterious machines--

Hope it works for those who get the same issue

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]