FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need a personal FCPX Tutorial in Los Angeles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Chressanthis
Need a personal FCPX Tutorial in Los Angeles
on Jul 22, 2014 at 4:12:07 am

I need a personal one day FCPX basic Tutorial in Los Angeles.
I am having a miserable time adjusting to the work space and getting simple editing accomplished.
I have a studio in Topanga (lunch & scenery provided) or I can come to you preferably on the west side of LA or Santa Monica. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Need a personal FCPX Tutorial in Los Angeles
on Jul 22, 2014 at 5:09:09 pm

So you're the guy in LA that bought FCP X? :)

Sorry I can't help, I'm in Georgia. Have to tried free online tutorials likehttp://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial or rippletraining.com for paid tuts?

I used the Izzy site to get up and running from a basic workflow point of view very quick. If you're an convert from 7 or elsewhere it's a good fit.

Return to posts index

James Chressanthis
on Jul 22, 2014 at 5:38:42 pm

Thanks,
The online tutorials are uneven in clarity, requiring psychic abilities, jumping over the critical button or keystroke:)
I came from FCP 6 and 7 and have avid too. I'm a director-cinematographer not a professional editor but I need to use this for docs, promos and trailers.
I'll try Izzy's.
best
J.

http://www.chressanthis.com

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 23, 2014 at 6:32:28 am

I'd check out Ripple training, Larry Jordan, Lynda.com and Izzy and see which has a style you like. Plus I'd call up one of the film colleges and see if they have some student who could use $100 to get you started.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 3, 2014 at 4:53:04 pm

I agree with RippleTraining.com they have some of the best FCPX tutorials out there and worth every penny!

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

James Chressanthis
on Aug 3, 2014 at 7:49:34 pm

Thank you Ron!
Why did Apple change it so radically and make it incompatible with our FCP 6 & 7 projects?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]