FORUMS: list search recent posts

export 60p 50Mb/s bitrate from FCP X XAVC S

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
luis LUCIEN
export 60p 50Mb/s bitrate from FCP X XAVC S
on Jul 20, 2014 at 4:43:12 pm

Hello
I shoot video footage with Sony RX100M3, at 60p 50mb/s bitrate encoded in XAVC S .mp4
I can edit directly the original footage in XAVC S with no problem, rendering whe editing is done in background and supported by prores caches only for modified frames.
I can share the edited video with any of the choices available, including compressor 4, BUT all those esport have a limited bitrate or and frame rate enabling the resulting video to be seen on lots of devices.
I would like to share a version of my project with identical bitrate that the original that is 50mb/s, just for the posterity and the pleasure of playing it on my Imac or My HDMI TV in high resolution and as high quality as possible.
Even with compressor the highes bitrate I found with mp4/H264 is 30Mb/s.
What did I miss, what is the point of editing at 50mb/s and not being able to export it?
Did I miss something, is there a trick ?

If not do you know of any other mac video editor that can do that (with smart rendering ??!!!???)

Thank you for your help
Luis
Best Regards

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: export 60p 50Mb/s bitrate from FCP X XAVC S
on Jul 21, 2014 at 12:59:24 pm

In the Compressor > Inspector > Video tab you can click the QuickTime Settings button. This will open a window where you can set the bit rate and other options for your export. Choose H.264, 60fps, 50000 kbps.

You can save this as a custom Compressor setting and use the custom setting as a new Destination in the FCP X Share menu.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

Clermond Ferrand
Re: export 60p 50Mb/s bitrate from FCP X XAVC S
on Feb 9, 2016 at 1:26:24 pm

even this thread ist from 2014 it came on top with google search "fcpx export 50mb/s" :-)

I had a similar issue: mp4 / H264/ 50mb/s requested by a client. Aside from the fact that it does not make too much sense compared to the max of 30mb/s I found no chance to get it direct out of compressor or FCPX. Handbrake limits bitrate to 20mb/s

Only application I found is Adobe Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]