FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing master audio file after editing, in multicamera edit FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Raciti
Changing master audio file after editing, in multicamera edit FCPX?
on Jul 18, 2014 at 2:12:07 pm

Hi all, I recently edited a multi-camera shoot in FCPX through the multicam clip option. I did not choose a master audio file, as I planned to mix and match audio from various clips, as each subject is wearing a lapel mic (I am editing a roundtable discussion). To start, I have a wide angle on all of the people in the room, and I return to that shot often. I was hoping to make the audio from that angle the primary audio source throughout and then go through and fine tune. I am curious if anyone knows how I can apply that as the master file, even though I've already cut all of the footage down? Thanks in advance!
Mike

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Changing master audio file after editing, in multicamera edit FCPX?
on Jul 18, 2014 at 8:42:00 pm

If the audio that you want to use is present in the multiangle clip you can simply select all of the clips in the Project timeline and set them to the audio 'angle' you want to use. Before you do this- make a Project Snapshot just in case the results are not what you want. Select the project in your Library and Control-click to Duplicate as Snapshot. Then:

Select all clips that are multicamera cuts in the project.
Go to the inspector.
Click on the A udio tab.
You'll see multiple angles of audio selected- as this represents the settings of all selected clips.
Click the checkboxes next to all of the audio angles so that they're off/deselected- this will reset all of the audio edits you have selected (so make sure you've done the Project Snapshot first)
Then check the one audio angle you do want- i.e. the master wide angle audio. It will then become the audio used for every edit in the project.

Hope that helps.

Noah

Call Box Training.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]