FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening Final cut 10.0 projects/events in 10.1.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Samuels
Opening Final cut 10.0 projects/events in 10.1.2
on Jul 18, 2014 at 12:48:59 pm

Hi,

I'm having some issues opening some projects which I have saved on my macbook hard drive from final cut 10.04. I want to open these up and upgrade them to final cut 10.1 libraries, but have not been able to import the projects or events into 10.1

I know there are various posts and tutorials about upgrading projects, but these seem to focus on the first launch of final cut 10.1 where it detects and prompts the user about upgrading 10.0 projects and events to libraries.

I don't get any prompt now and i'm not surehow to get these older projects in 10.1

Nay help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Opening Final cut 10.0 projects/events in 10.1.2
on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:05:42 am

Have you tried File>Update Projects and Events?

Noah

Call Box Training.

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Jul 20, 2014 at 3:32:01 pm

Joel,
first move the Event into a root directory "Final Cut Events".
Then move the Projects for this event into a root directory "Final Cut Projects". You will probably have to create these directories first! Until 10.0.9 FCPX always created events and projects in these folders, so 10.1 will look only in these places!!

Once you have done that you can go like Noah said to "Update....".
FCPX will now create a library with the name of your drive(!) and this event and projects in it (there will also be an event "Updated Projects". You can move Projects out of there if you want.
FCPX will also create a "Saved Events and Projects" folder. It will ask you to keep or delete the old event files. Since this does NOT take any extra space on your drive (donĀ“t ask me...it is magic indeed) keep them until you are sure everything has moved properly.
I have done this to dozens of events and never had an issue!

Return to posts index

Joel Samuels
on Jul 29, 2014 at 10:02:53 am

Thanks for all your help - this was an easy fix but for some reason I hadn't managed to find the answer anywhere else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]