FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't paste color attributes in 10.1.2?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Nahroniak
Can't paste color attributes in 10.1.2?
on Jul 18, 2014 at 2:18:01 am

Having issues pasting color attributes from clip to another. Sometimes it will do it, sometimes it won't until at least the 3rd try.

Also, when exporting the clips I applied the color attributes to are not affected in export.

Was grading on native AVCHD C100 footage. Did not transcode to Pro-Res. Could that be the issue?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: Can't paste color attributes in 10.1.2?
on Jul 18, 2014 at 10:43:09 am

I would transcode either way, if only for the far superior colorspace that ProRes offers plus the improved performance. But whether that is in fact the problem remains to be seen. I'm guessing... yes.

Return to posts index

Ron Priest
on Aug 3, 2014 at 4:04:48 pm
Last Edited By Ron Priest on Aug 3, 2014 at 4:35:04 pm

As stated in another thread, FCPX 10.1.2 has a NASTY Pasting Attributes Bug, and it's easy to replicate. If you haven't heard about it, seen it and or reported it to Apple please be aware of it and report it, it could really bite you without you realizing it.

Although it's not limited to copying and pasting attributes in multicam edits via the angle editor, that's where I first replicated the bug, while making color changes to a clip in the angle editor. If I copy the color attribute and past it to other selected clips in the same angle, it appears that the clips have accepted the CC attributes when playing it from the angle editor or even when viewing the multicam in a new project timeline. But unless you first tweak the attribute settings in the clips you pasted them to, they don't come across in the export. In an attempt to troubleshoot it, I've tried it first without rendering the project before export and again with rendering the project before export and it doesn't make any difference.

Here is the proven workaround. After you select the clips and paste your CC attributes, but before you unselect the clips, toggle off and on the color effects switch. This will insure the corrections will flow through during the export/share process.

Also, be aware that this in not just a color attribute bug, it will occur after pasting any effects attributes so you will need to toggle off and on the subject effect in the same fashion.

Ron Priest
Videographer
Louisville, KY

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Aug 4, 2014 at 2:52:35 pm

Wow, that is pretty nasty indeed.

Already reported to Apple. Hopefully they get on this asap.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

Michael Sutz
on Aug 17, 2014 at 11:29:56 pm

I was just having this problem with a timeline I'm working with and I couldn't get the cc to copy -- even after toggling on and off the color on the selected clips after pasting to them. What did seem to work, though, was, before copying the color filter, toggling off and on the cc in the corrected clip I was copying from. Once I did that, the cc worked when I pasted into a number of clips. No experience yet, though, with exporting.

One thing that makes me a bit nervous is that, mid edit, I copied the library from one drive to another. When I look to see if the footage in my timeline has been transcoded, there's a read triangle next to original, a green dot next to proxy and the media location is still listed as my original drive. Same situation with the clips in the browser.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]