FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2 crashes when re-linking

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damian Bartolacci
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2 crashes when re-linking
on Jul 17, 2014 at 3:11:52 pm

Hello,

I'm having a problem re-linking my footage to my events. I try to re-link my footage and it immediately crashes. I've tried trashing my preferences and resetting my render files but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, is there a solution?

Thanks a bunch!
Damian

Return to posts index

Damian Bartolacci
Re: Final Cut Pro X 10.1.2 crashes when re-linking
on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:13:36 pm

Just in case anyone else is having this problem and finds this thread, I've found a work around for relinking if FCP is crashing. Its a solution that will be much harder if your media is scattered throughout your hard drive, or on multiple hard drives.

The solution is to simply Re-import all your media used in the project and upon importing select "leave files in place"

It's a pain in the butt. However, it does work. Especially if your moving Libraries from hard drive to hard drive.

Hopefully Apple will overview the hundreds of bug reports that were automatically sent from my computer after FCPX continually crashed on me.

I hope this solution helps people that are having this same problem.

Damian

Return to posts index

Damian Bartolacci
on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:26:44 pm

Relinking is working fine now after using the procedure above a few times.

Return to posts index

John Link
on Sep 24, 2014 at 2:46:13 pm

I've had the same problem and found the same workaround, but I find that relinking still crashes after reimporting. When you say "after using the procedure above a few times", do you mean that you reimport the same file a few times and then it's possible to relink it?

Return to posts index

Stojan Stojanovic
on Jan 7, 2015 at 2:40:31 pm

Thanks, it helps me a lot.
Way back in time in first versions of FcpX same process for recovering event was to reimport a camera archives.

Stojan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]