FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD Card Private folder won't deselect 'copy to final cut events" version 10.0.9 (old imac 10.6.8)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex palmer
SD Card Private folder won't deselect 'copy to final cut events" version 10.0.9 (old imac 10.6.8)
on Jul 15, 2014 at 8:59:21 am

Need an easy solution to solving my Canon XA 20 SD card being read as a camera and hence not allowing to deselect " Copy to final cut events folder" on import
Workflow is : copy "Private " folder straight to extHDD
Import to final cut pro x
won't allow to be imported as a device ! and deselect " copy to final cut events folder"

How to easily solve this ????

Somebody...searched high and low on google searches and forums !

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
Re: SD Card Private folder won't deselect 'copy to final cut events" version 10.0.9 (old imac 10.6.8)
on Jul 15, 2014 at 7:10:49 pm

You can't. An SD card is treated the exact same as the camera itself. I would have thought the reason for not being able to elect to leave the footage in place (i.e. on the card) is obvious. Aside from being the slowest possible source to be editing from, if you removed the card or erased it, that would be the end of your project. It's essentially protection from yourself.

Why in the world would you want to leave the footage on the card and not copy it to disk first, one way or another?? Data-safety not your thing? :D

Otherwise your only solution (for more/other options) would be to use FCP 10.1.x.

Return to posts index

alex palmer
Re: SD Card Private folder won't deselect 'copy to final cut events" version 10.0.9 (old imac 10.6.8)
on Jul 15, 2014 at 10:52:55 pm

Robin
As I said my normal work flow is to copy the sd card across to a ext HDD first x 2 !!

Hence archiving it !

That is not the point ... I want to simply have it not recognised as a camera so that I can save on space

Unless someone has a nice easily understandable work flow to suggest that is more effective and simple to comprehend

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:02:39 am

I don't understand. Not trying to be thick either, but if you're wanting to archive, then having FCP recognize it as a camera is a good thing. That way you can use the "Make Archive" function in the import window, from which you then can do your import. I also don't understand what space you are trying to save either, sorry. But this way you'd have the backup and the footage in the project. The way to go IMHO.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:53:09 pm

"I would have thought the reason for not being able to elect to leave the footage in place (i.e. on the card) is obvious."

Well obvious to you clearly but obviously not obvious to Alex or he would not have posted the question.

Here you go putting people down again. If you cannot find it in yourself to be kind, helpful and constructive I suggest you refrain from posting Professor Kurz.

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jul 17, 2014 at 8:31:42 am

http://bit.ly/1srK1dG ... a text-book case.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Jul 17, 2014 at 8:58:30 am

Thanks Doc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]