FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080p source cropped to a 720p project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Clev
1080p source cropped to a 720p project
on Jul 14, 2014 at 5:08:25 pm

Hello fellow creatives,

I have a library with many 1080p events and projects that I have been working on for a few weeks. I have the need to 're-frame' the 1080p footage from one cam so I figured I could crop it onto a 720p timeline so there would be no up-res quality loss incurred (I only need to deliver 720p).

So, with 1080p media from two cams already in my event folder, what would be the most efficient way to scale the footage from one cam and crop the footage from the other, into a 720p project? The crop is static for the duration of the clip. Making a multicam clip of the scaled and cropped media would be ideal.

Any tips appreciated.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: 1080p source cropped to a 720p project
on Jul 14, 2014 at 11:42:02 pm

Not sure if this is what you mean but... duplicate the 1080 project. Open it, CMD-J and change the setting to make it 720, all the clips should scale.

Then open the timeline index and, assuming the clips you want to crop have a common name being from the same camera... search that name, select the results, open the inspector and change the spatial conform of those clips to "none". then reposition as needed. If they're all positioned the same, you may be able to move them all at once using the inspector x/y position parameters, though not sure of that...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Rob Clev
on Jul 15, 2014 at 1:25:52 am

Thank you for this Charlie Austin! Worked like a charm!

The only thing I did different is, I edited one clip on the timeline setting spatial conform to none and repositioning it in the transform edit window; copied that clip; selected all of the other clips I wanted to change; and then pasted the spatial conform & transform attributes to those clips.

You just saved me so much time! You get five stars for this!

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 15, 2014 at 1:57:15 am

Cool, glad it helped. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved