FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating copied events

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Nahroniak
Updating copied events
on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:31:19 pm

How does one update a copied event? Lets say you copied an event from one library to another, that lives on a separate drive. A day later, you made changes on the original event and added more media to it. How do you "update" that copied event (and project) with the changes you made and media you added? Would you have to to delete it and start the copy over?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Updating copied events
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:40:16 am

Why not copy the new library over and work from there?

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:51:44 am

I thought I was done with the client and copied the entire library to an external drive. There are 6 events in that library.

Client wanted additional changes, so I added additional projects (aka timelines "v2" "v3" etc) and media to two of the events.

So is there anyway for FCP X to know what is the new media and projects I added since the last copy? Or do I have to delete those events I already copied and just start over?

Does this make sense?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:59:55 am

Why not just copy the new library over? Why try and merge the older one with the newer one when you just need the newer one?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 8, 2014 at 3:01:28 am
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Jul 8, 2014 at 3:03:38 am

[Stephen Nahroniak] "Client wanted additional changes, so I added additional projects (aka timelines "v2" "v3" etc) and media to two of the events. "

with both open, just drag the new projects (from updated library) into the proper (non updated Library) events. Any media or references will come over with them. Or do as Jeremy suggest, and just copy the updated Library as the new "backup". Or does the Library contain the (managed) media? If so, just copying the projects will be faster...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 8, 2014 at 3:23:59 am

Not quite following but the browser has a ton of metadata that will tell you creation dates and dates imported and the like. you also have timestamped auto back ups.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]