FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy Ease (interpolation) Keyframing for Sacale, Transform, X/Y, Rotation issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cooke
Easy Ease (interpolation) Keyframing for Sacale, Transform, X/Y, Rotation issue
on Jul 7, 2014 at 6:38:56 pm

After researching some, seems like the free Alex4d plugin will allow interpolation of keyframes on many of the attributes we all need in FCP X that Apple Did Not allow us or supply us with. I downloaded this package, but it did not install into X. No true installer on it looks like, I "drug" it into FCPX plugins under the library folder, but still nothing. Any ideas? His website indicates that (I don't think) you have to have "Motion 5", (and we don't at our work) But the folder that downloaded onto the desktop says "Motion Templates"-opening that reveals your X/Y, Scale, Rotation, etc (numerous blog comments on FCP.co claims this from Alex is one that works). We are running FCP X 10.1.2 iMac i7, 32ram, 12TB Pegasus.
David

D's Video

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Easy Ease (interpolation) Keyframing for Sacale, Transform, X/Y, Rotation issue
on Jul 7, 2014 at 7:32:03 pm

Not sure the question you're asking, but if you downloaded Motion templates, then you need to put them in the Movies folder inside a folder called Motion Templates, broken up by category: Effects, Transitions, Generators, Titles. It's possible that these templates have already been broken up into categories like this for you.

You don't need Motion 5 to run templates inside FCPX, but the templates need to be in the correct location in order to be used there.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

David Cooke
Re: Easy Ease (interpolation) Keyframing for Sacale, Transform, X/Y, Rotation issue
on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:29:45 pm

Thanks Andy. I'll try to relocate those into the proper folders. We're just starting to migrate from FCP 7 into X. Wow, a totally different mindset, I think. So far, my 1st 2 "easy projects", which would have taken about 2.5 hours in FCP 7, I spent about 12 hours in FCOP X. Oh well, guess each time will gain new knowledge and become a bit easier.

D's Video

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:39:18 pm

[David Cooke] "Wow, a totally different mindset, I think. So far, my 1st 2 "easy projects", which would have taken about 2.5 hours in FCP 7, I spent about 12 hours in FCOP X."

it certainly takes some time to get used to, but if it helps, I edit much faster in X nowadays than I ever did in FCP7, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

David Cooke
on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:07:20 pm

Thanks Andy. They Work. For anyone that might like to know the placement of these "effects" which are really "Templates". Here it is: "First Quit FCP X. Once downloaded, go to "Macintosh HD", to Library, to Application Support, to Final Cut Pro, to Templates, (I opened up the main "Alex4d" folder). Inside will be the subfolders-such as "Alex4D Curve Scale, Alex 4D Curve Rotation AND the others. NOW grab all 6 of these subfolders and DRAG them INTO the "EFFECTS" folder that is inside the "TEMPLATES". Now re-start
FCP X and when you go to your EFFECTS, they will all be under "CUSTOM"

D's Video

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jul 7, 2014 at 9:22:38 pm

David, when you first get Final Cut the Movies > Templates folder may actually be empty. However, you cannot simply create the 'Effects', 'Generators', etc. folders yourself. They won't work because they aren't what we used to call 'blessed', meaning there's some attribute to the folders that is created by FCPX that is not created by manually creating them.

Those folders you found in Application Support are the 'built-in' effects.

When a friend first installed X and I saw that there was nothing inside the Templates folder I called up Motion, started a Text template, deleted the text layer leaving the layer labeled 'Timeline Video' and saved it as 'Adjustment Layer'. That caused all the folders to appear in the Motion Templates folder. You'll find the quickie 'Adjustment Layer' to be a great tool. Just lay it above the timeline to do many things to the edit like applying a look or scaling and rotating without upsetting your edit.

Now, the empty Motion Templates folder might have been an isolated case. i don't know. Just passing along the story. However you do it, once the folders inside the Motion Template folder are created then you can simply manually put effects and Generators and Titles into it without having to go into your Library folder.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

David Cooke
on Jul 8, 2014 at 12:55:46 pm

Thank you very much Don! I will save your response so when I work on making a template in Motion,
I can refer to it.

D's Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]